NAFA Film Festival Entry Form
The NAFA International Ethnographic Film Festival has taken place since 1979. For a list of festivals over the years please download attached PDF file.
NAFA2020 in Lisbon turns into NAFA2020/21 Lisbon
The 40th NAFA International Ethnographic Film Festival (https://www.nafa2020.com), which was supposed to be held in Belem, Lisbon, 7-10 October 2020, has now been postponed until 9-12 June, 2021.The deadline for submission for NAFA2020-21 is 31 January 2021. Submissions after that date will be transferred to 2022 and submitters will receive a confirmation email once the new selection committee has been established, presumably by the end of October 2021.
NAFA2020-21 will be held in Lisbon, 9-12 June . The 2020/21 film selection committee consists of:
- Bata Diallo is a PhD student at the University of Tromsø, Norway. She studied Visual Anthropology in the Department of Social Sciences at the University of Bamako, Mali. This is her second term as member of the selection committee.
- Knud Fischer-Møller was trained as an anthropologist at the University of Copenhagen. He has been associated with NAFA since the early 1980s and has served repeatedly as a member of the NAFA film selection committee.
- Alaska filmmaker Len Kamerling is Curator of Film at the University of Alaska Museum of the North and Professor of English at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. He has authored more than a dozen films about Alaska Native cultures and indigenous issues.
- Linda Jonsen Engbjerg is an anthropologist from Aarhus University (1997), where she managed the NAFA archive for many years, and also holds a master degree in visual anthropology from the Granada Centre at the University of Manchester (1991).
- Orsolya Veraart is a visual anthropologist, filmmaker and ethnographer trained at UiT The Arctic University of Norway, and UBB Cluj Napoca, Romania. She is co-founder of CinéTrans, and is currently developing the Pál Berta project (cinetrans.org/palberta).
- Peter I. Crawford is an anthropologist, publisher (www.intervention.dk) and filmmaker. He is professor of visual anthropology and head of the Master of Visual Anthropology programme (MVA) at UiT The Arctic University of Norway. He is the chairman of the NAFA film selection committee.
Please note that if you submit your film online or for download you must ensure that the selection committee has access until the selection is completed, i.e. until end of June 2020. We prefer a password-protected Vimeo-link for the online submissions. Make sure the film has English subtitles or is an English version.
Please also note that films previously submitted to NAFA will not be eligible for selection.
If not submitting an online version, please send by mail 1 copy (or 2 copies) of the film on DVD to:
NAFA2020/21, c/o Peter I. Crawford, ISV/Anthropology, SVHUM D3008, UiT - The Arctic University of Norway, P.O. Box 6050, Langnes, N-9037 Tromsø, Norway Phone Peter I. Crawford: +47 96953520, e-mail email@example.com. If sending by courier the street address is: Hansine Hansens Veg 18.